To create a new database in Microsoft Access:
- Open Microsoft Access and click Blank Database under the New Blank Database heading.
- Name the database in the File Name box on the right side of the screen. Click the folder icon to place the database where you want.
- Afterwards, click Create to save the database you just created.
To create a query using Microsoft Access 2010:
- Switch to SQL View by clicking Create from the menu running across the top of the screen.
- Click the Query Design button, causing the Show Table dialog box to appear.
- Click Close in the dialog box without selecting a table.
- Locate the View drop-down button near the top left.
- Click the down arrow and select SQL View. This is the place to type the SQL script.
- To execute the script in SQL View, click on the Run button.